Search the forum,

Discuss Back Boiler - Gas Safety in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billygoat

Hi

Just had a couple of questions about a baxi bermuda back boiler.

I havent had too much experience in working on these and have a Safety Cert to do tomorrow.

I assume you remove the fire and treat as a normal fire - flue flow spillage etc and then with the back boiler do the gas rate and safety device checks?

Any further advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

confirm max HI of boiler and fire then check ventilation (dont look up at the vent, get up and make sure it is fully open, clean and sized properly), if vent is more than 90% remove the fire, (if less than 90% the install is AR so you shouldnt really carry on, you can do to check and clean everything and still ask for permission to AR and at least you know it will be cleaner/safer than when you started) do TT if landlords, do a flue flow test, gas rate the boiler to see if the burner and injector needs cleaned, check the burner pressure then set to maximum to do a proper spillage test (appliances need to be checked on max, but a lot of people dont turn range rated to max) if all is well refit the fire, gas rate it to confirm what needs to be cleaned, do a spillage test, then relight the boiler and do a combined spillage test, reset boiler burner pressure to previous, refit fire case, finish tea then away you go

Had one of these friday, the heat exchanger was really caked, took me about 3 hrs to complete the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Back Boiler - Gas Safety in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock