Search the forum,

Discuss Back boiler - electrics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

anz

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a back boiler last week (Baxi Bermuda 50/4E) .

Newly bought property. Gravity hot water, cylinder stat, pumped heating, room stat. Two channel clock.

When calling for demand on the programmer and stat, the switched live to the boiler is not switching live.

The programmer is a Drayton LP522, there is L N E and two wires going to hot water on and heating on. Nothing else.

Should there be a link to live in one of the connections?

What tests can I do to work out what's wrong?

Link to programmer instructions: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...6TCqB6zOHBjB6Gw&bvm=bv.73373277,d.d2k&cad=rja

Last edited:
The red light lights up, when calling for heating.

Room stat has live neutral and a switch wire. The switch does not go live, when clock is calling.

Does the switch live go live when you turn the stat up to call for heat?

Can you not link a live to the boiler to see if it fires up? then surely you can prove the time if fubard?

Yes the boiler definitely works, with controls linked out

Switch live remains dead, when all controls calling for heat

Does the switch live TO the stat FROM the programmer become live when you select HTG on the programmer?

Then the programmers knackered. Take the programmer off leaving the backplate and the wiring. Then link permanent live to whichever wire is heating on. Then you should have power AT the stat, this will then prove it's the programmer.

Sounds like it could be the case, I'll try that, going back Wednesday.

Power has to go through clock stat n pump then boiler last. If no power at stat then programmer goosed . Most of the back plates for the programmer are universal so i carry spare face just to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Back boiler - electrics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock