Discuss B rated boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Whats the crack with fitting one of those these days?
Against building regs?? Can you register it with gas safe ??

against building regs,dont know what gassafe would say, manufactures dont care they will still honor warrentys

Came across one today , was probably last person to look at the job where they had bought a a b rater off the net . Turns out i was only one whom noted it was a old style boiler . Probably been sat in a warehouse and forgotten about so am curious about where i stand if i quote on it.

'A' rated only these days. Maybe ask Gas Safe if they'll allow you to register before installing?

All B rated boilers had to be ordered by customer before last October AND be ffitted before April 2011.
I think it is scrap now!

All B rated boilers had to be ordered by customer before last October AND be ffitted before April 2011.
I think it is scrap now!
i would not bet on that one,baxis 105,performa,and main 30 he band b so many in the system baxi are holding back its replacement,its on the arena but not in the merchants

i think its stupid you cant replace like for like unless its obsolete, whats the difference if it lasts for another 20 years or 2?.
the manu's should be allowed to sell of their back stock.imo.
when its gone its gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think about it this way, If you don't fit it someone else certainly will. Better a few quid in your pocket as theirs.
Explain to the cust it is his decision and also up to him to notify it with LABC (doubt if they will) and registrer guarantee.

As long as its fitted correctly........ and you and your customer are happy.....

Last edited by a moderator:
You cant GSR the appliance if its band B, only exceptions are caravans and Scotland according to the Main Boiler rep who bought me a curry last friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to B rated boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock