Discuss at annual service told boiler was dirty - is this a way to be ripped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m simply a layman but I’d have thought that an 11 year old system that has no inhibitor or filter would be desperate for a flush regardless of any error messages from the boiler.

You can but try but as far as I’m concerned they have not been maintaining your boiler

I’m simply a layman but I’d have thought that an 11 year old system that has no inhibitor or filter would be desperate for a flush regardless of any error messages from the boiler.

depends on the system and how it was installed ive got a system on old rads (15) that i havent touched and im sure you can drink the water its that clear :D

You should prepare yourself that there may be a leak on the system or something I am assuming it’s a sealed system in the property as such the water really shouldn’t be bad unless freshwater is being constantly added to the System to maintain pressure

It's a ********* error code and so the engineer should be looking at the ******* of the boiler the removal of ********** and ********* , this could quite easily be caused through lack of maintenance, filters and flushing is another chapter and if it was related to a blockage then you would have a different set of error codes. Kop

Last edited by a moderator:
What I think you should do is in writing ask how sludge is going to cause a flame failure lockout? Ask them what was carried out to determine that the system is sludged up.

No point going after the last company as they will have it somewhere in the small print that they wont be responsible.

Then learn from this and dont take out service contracts. Find someone you trust and use them for everything.

i am a landlord and wasnt aware of the code until today ..
So you are a landlord, and all your gas appliances are checked by law every year. So why not get them serviced at the same time ?
Properly..then you have happy tennants and little hassle.
All my properties are looked after this way and we have good retained tennants that like to stay. Nothing worse than the phone call at the weekend ..whatever is wrong or when you at the theatre
prevention is way better than cure. My colleague has 800 properties in North West and ALWAYS takes this approach. Sty = Pig so they look after their properties. centralheatking

Reply to at annual service told boiler was dirty - is this a way to be ripped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hello Just a quick question. I had a new Vaillant ecotec plus boiler installed in Nov 2021, with a 10 yr extended warranty. I've been trying to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock