Discuss Army to Civi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smithfivezero

Hi, i'm Dean, 35. Looking for a job. Currently i'm in the British Army and served just over 10 years. Previously to joining the British Army I qualified as a bricklayer and have 8 years under my belt working in a civil engineering environment. Time for change, time to bite my teeth in to something else for the rest of my existing life. Now I know experience is key, but to be honest and given the chance...I am willing to work as a senior plumbers understudy, improver or just plain old ''noob''. My integrity and selfless commitment will be my success. Starting January 2012 I will be cracking my head in to the NVQ world again and up to level 3.... so to be brutally honest with you, come easter, I would be willing to give up 2 weeks of my time and for free to you, so as we can assess one another in the respect I get to see how you operate, engage with your customers and for you clearly it will be to see if I am suitable for your business. So, when I leave the British Army, crawling back to civilisation needs to be ready. I will be residing in the Wiltshire area so ideally i'm looking for employment in that radius. However the old living in digs routine or working further afield will not be an issue. Security clearance is obviously not an issue and those 2 weeks of free work will be the MOD's liability in the sense you do not have to worry about insurance for dear old me.

Please if interested or think you should have a word with your boss then please get back to me at:

[email protected]

Regards

Dean Smith

Last edited by a moderator:
stick to bricklaying more money and all your tools in a bucket

Hi, i'm Dean, 35. Looking for a job. Currently i'm in the British Army and served just over 10 years. Previously to joining the British Army I qualified as a bricklayer and have 8 years under my belt working in a civil engineering environment. Time for change, time to bite my teeth in to something else for the rest of my existing life. Now I know experience is key, but to be honest and given the chance...I am willing to work as a senior plumbers understudy, improver or just plain old ''noob''. My integrity and selfless commitment will be my success. Starting January 2012 I will be cracking my head in to the NVQ world again and up to level 3.... so to be brutally honest with you, come easter, I would be willing to give up 2 weeks of my time and for free to you, so as we can assess one another in the respect I get to see how you operate, engage with your customers and for you clearly it will be to see if I am suitable for your business. So, when I leave the British Army, crawling back to civilisation needs to be ready. I will be residing in the Wiltshire area so ideally i'm looking for employment in that radius. However the old living in digs routine or working further afield will not be an issue. Security clearance is obviously not an issue and those 2 weeks of free work will be the MOD's liability in the sense you do not have to worry about insurance for dear old me.

Please if interested or think you should have a word with your boss then please get back to me at:

[email protected]

Regards

Dean Smith

ive got a lot of repect for the forces guys,seen too many treat like dirt on sites in the boom years.I would the buiding game a miss anywere outside of London.

As for my tools in a bucket! It was a wonderful tool box, but now I have to think about the old cracker. Cheers Gas P Mania

Complete Plumbing Training | Complete Plumbing Course

Right, I thought i'd add this to invite ''for them in the know'' !!! Please add comment (but not insult).
Also if you are a AFVET then come forward, dont sit at the back like them theiving guff bags that are sitting in Parliment ruining this country. We, I...need your support and guidance. You know as well as I do conversion is difficult.

This is what I am off to do come January. Split over the forth coming 6 months. At a huge cost to myself I hope it pays off. I know I need to get jobs signed off and clearly experience before someone batts an eye lid at me. But i'm on the right path Yes?

Obviously I am not going in to this totally blind, but your feed back, constructive criticism and professional input will be a of value and massive stepping stone for other members of the Armed Services reading this.

Please, dont read this as me having a dig at anyone. I'm just getting some brilliant feed and some..... big fcuk off stuff.

With 6 months left to go before the MOD spit me out, I have alot of work to do and little time to do it in.

Cheers

Dean Smith

A SQN
HCR
RHG/d

recce.jpg

[email protected]

Regards

Dean Smith

Contact National Grid ive heard they do employ ex armed forces,check out their website,and if you do get on put a good word in for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Army to Civi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock