Discuss Ariston boiler problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bazbo

Hi folks

We have an ariston boiler running our central heating system. The heating works fine, it's just that we keep hearing the boiler ignite multiple times when it's on. It often will 'fire up' 2 or 3 times every couple of minutes, which seems odd to me - I would have thought that it would fire up once, and keep burning until the thermostat tells it to turn off? It can also make quite a noise when it fires up, sounds like the valve opening up and is quite loud at times.

Is this normal or is there something wrong with the boiler? I'm concerned that the continual ingition might cause a part to fail prematurely.

Thanks!
Bryan

sounds like you have a gas modulation problem,best get checked and sorted by a gsr plumber otherwise could cause other problems

imho

if its a microgenus and it fires every few minutes there is a blue knob on the fascia marked e for economy and c for comfort,if its on c it will keep the hot water temperature at a constant temp,causing it to fire every few mins try turning the blue knob to e if this does not stop it you have a fault

it is a microSystem, not Microgenus so does not have the economy or comfort controls.

I can understand that when the water in the heating system is up to temperature the burner would cut out, but I am surprised that it does so so regularly. I watched and timed it on friday evening, it was burning for around 30 seconds, then cutting out for around 30 seconds and repeating ("hysteresis"?). However this morning the loop seemed a little longer, say 45 seconds to a minute. All the time the radiators are hot so no complaints there. Water pressure is fine and there are no error lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston boiler problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock