Search the forum,

Discuss Are any of your suppliers feeling the pinch due to lack of lorry drivers? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

I keep reading news, hearing on radio and seeing on telly that the lack of lorry drivers is having more and more of an impact on our daily lives and wont stop any time soon. I was wondering if any of you guys and gals have felt this with suppliers running out of anything you use regularly?

Heard anything through the grapevine?

Started to stock up on basic things you use often to help get around this over Christmas etc?

Been waiting 17 weeks for an outside grant boiler from plumb center.
Not so much shortages but price increases. Once an Estimate would be valid for 28 days. Now have an additional clause stating due to current climate any price increases will increase final invoice.

Maybe need a clause in own invoices these days stating something similar then! Don't want to get caught out shy because some boiler shot up last minute.

Tilers are feeling the same it seems. Lots of shelf space then sudden restocks, but doesn't take long to see them empty again.

Will go check the sparky forum now.

I keep reading news, hearing on radio and seeing on telly that the lack of lorry drivers is having more and more of an impact on our daily lives and wont stop any time soon. I was wondering if any of you guys and gals have felt this with suppliers running out of anything you use regularly?

Heard anything through the grapevine?

Started to stock up on basic things you use often to help get around this over Christmas etc?
I'm in Australia now and there is no 4x2" timber and no melamine. There won't be any until next year sometime. As to plumbing stuff, it's all expensive - central heating inhibitor is £60 a pop and a radiator we'd take to be weighed would get £50 second hand!

Been waiting 17 weeks for an outside grant boiler from plumb center.
Not so much shortages but price increases. Once an Estimate would be valid for 28 days. Now have an additional clause stating due to current climate any price increases will increase final invoice.
17 weeks for a Grant? Ridiculous we fit them all the time average 2 a week Most we have waited is 5 weeks now back to few days.
Speak to your Grant rep they can and will pull strings strings for you.

17 weeks for a Grant? Ridiculous we fit them all the time average 2 a week Most we have waited is 5 weeks now back to few days.
Speak to your Grant rep they can and will pull strings strings for you.

Customer got involved, Grant told them 9 weeks. Dont even know who the Grant rep is, dont fit them normally as never liked them. But actually did a day for somebody fitted the one I'm waiting for and nice to see they still have the two pumps.

I know I'm a plumber but I can't get a bag of PostCrete or whatever it's called to do this one off fencing post job. Customer thinks I'm telling them porkies but I can't get hold of any. A few months ago I couldn't find a bag of plaster. Sticking to plumbing, plumbing suppliers seem to always have what I need.

Reply to Are any of your suppliers feeling the pinch due to lack of lorry drivers? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock