Search the forum,

Discuss apply to college in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chelsea

i have over 6 months of gas training in my portfolio with pics of me working on meters boilers etc etc

is there anything else i will need to take to my college apart from portfolio??

I think it all depends on the college you are doing the course at i recently sat the acs and where i did it wanted a letter from my employer stating i had at least 1 years supervised experience they didnt even look at my portfolio. Another where i was doing the n.v.q level 3 wanted me to have 160 hours experience in a porfolio and i have heard other different figures i think it depends who the awarding body is for example logic or BPEC.

3 catagories, if you have an nvq2 it will be around 120 days, if no quals then around 160 days. all signed by corgi installer with a letter from the MD ststing the evidence is accurate. never heard of anone needing photos for gas evidnece? are you getting mixed up with nvq?

no not at all i was asked to have photos of me working on meters doing let by tests and gemeral pics working on boilers such as diagnostics

well the more proof the better i think really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to apply to college in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock