Discuss Apologies as I know it's been asked before in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
As per the title

I have an interesting scenario where a boiler fires up briefly every time a toilet in a property is flushed I have tried non return valves on the two toilets as well as a shock arrestor on the mains as it comes in and also on the way to the boiler

None of these have fixed the problem does anybody have any little gems that I might try

Boiler is a flexicom so as far as I'm aware there is no option to affect how the flow is picked up

have you tried a nrv/shock arr by the boiler?

To be clear Shaun do you mean on the cold inlet into the boiler if so then yes I have tried both

To be clear Shaun do you mean on the cold inlet into the boiler if so then yes I have tried both

yes i would say any air in the pipe?

If there is I have no idea where it is as I repiped most of the house apart from the kitchen but boiler worked prior to that

If there is I have no idea where it is as I repiped most of the house apart from the kitchen but boiler worked prior to that

anything changed from then and ball valves ok? and does a cold tap do the same

Seems to only be the toilets mate but will double check tomorrow. I was thinking dead legs but it must have been pre-existing if it was

Seems to only be the toilets mate but will double check tomorrow. I was thinking dead legs but it must have been pre-existing if it was

are the toilets close together ? and whats the pressure over 3 bar?

Opposite sides of the house mate one upstairs one downstairs

Opposite sides of the housemate one upstairs one downstairs

that is weird could understand if close, any water hammer noise?

None at all mate.

To bring you up to speed
New internal mains to boiler and outlets
New bathroom that didn't exist before
New shower room downstairs replacing old bathroom.
All outlets still in use no dead legs to my knowledge

when does the boiler fire when the bogs are filling or just as the valve shuts off from filling?

Are there nrv's on the new shower feeds?
assuming there is a new shower fitted in new bathroom

Toilets and apparently the washing machine

Are there nrv's on the new shower feeds?
assuming there is a new shower fitted in new bathroom

One is a bath shower mixer - no nrvs
One is a thermostatic shower bar yes NRVs

Both showers have been tested however and no boiler issue

Seems strange that boiler fires up just when these toilets are flushed and not effected by opening a cold mains tap etc.. I would check mains cold is fully opened and have decent pressure for boiler, If all else fails why not restrict mains flow to wc's. Fit inline restrictors or crack down ball-a-fix valves.

Mains fully open. Definitely no taps cause this issue its very weird

Are the ball balves decent ones not the cheap plastic crud that gets supplied normally ? If yes I would change them for a decent one and see if that helps

All brand new fluidmaster fillers mate

May have over sensitive flow switch or faulty one in boiler !

The thought had crossed my mind mate but I would've thought all outlets would've set it off ???? Not just the toilets and the washing machine Would you agree ???

The thought had crossed my mind mate but I would've thought all outlets would've set it off ???? Not just the toilets and the washing machine Would you agree ???

Strange things happen in the world of plumbing !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apologies as I know it's been asked before in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
As per the title. We have a property where the boiler has worked fine in the 10 months since it’s last service. Now throws up this error code...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock