Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone with saniflow knowledge?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T & H Plumbing

Just had a call about a saniflow that is blocked and he said the sewage is coming up thru the bath, said ill come n sort it but after a little searching on the net I've read that there dangerous so I know ill be isolating from power before I touch it but anyone come across this before and give me any tips

Never touched one but work is crap at minute I gotta fix this lol

Work will certainly be crap if you touch that! Lol.

I can't help you I just say call the manufacturer as I don't have the stomach for it!

Rpm is the man you want , could be anything inside pump failure or blocked. Top tip take plenty of gloves with ya

As a rule of thumb...
If the rubber coupling between pan and the sani is Black then the odds are that it is time for a new one coz the motor bearings will be in a bad way and or the plastic lid will be brittle and it will break if you remove it.
Most likely it is a sanipro. most common reason is wet wipes or rim freshner stopping the blades rotating.
Tools required. Cheap wet vac, long nosed pliars, screwdrivers, torch, 1 pair of marigolds and a small bag to put removed item(s) in.
Isolate power, remove water from pan, remove pan, remove all traces of wet wipes from blade area. turn power on, if motor runs & stops then job done, if motor hums but runs when you flick the blades with a screwdriver then you need help with electrical parts. If motor runs but doesn`t stop then either discharge pipe is blocked or you need help with internal problem. You can add water from bath / basin to test with the pan out if pump is in full working order.
Top tip, keep wet vac empty-ish as your insurance policy if things go wrong and don`t start until customer knows there is no gaurantee that you can fix it and you want £70 minimum. All being well it will take under an hour. Loads more I could say re fault finding but there is no point without the parts with you and experiance. Hope it`s an easy £70 for you.

Last edited:
Went to a job the other week where the poor plumber had simply replaced a sani like for like but unknown to him the first install wasn`t to sani specs so when I was sent to look at a warranty issue the warranty was rejected leaving the plumber in an awkward postion.

Might be best to download and print a copy of the 10 Golden Rules from sani`s website or ask your plumbers merchant for the brochures with it in, there are 2 brochures Domestic & Commerical.

apart fm that, bit of vicks vapour rup under your nose helps, otherwise eeeeeeeeeeeeugh

Check that there's no restrictions in the drain / outlet from sani to main drain.
As well as the marigolds take 2 earplug inserts to stick up your nose.
I fitted sani plus in a new showroom and explained everything to the customer about putting wipes or foreign objects down and 6 months later had a call that it wasn't working . The lady had put a tampon down the toilet and the string had wrapped round the blades. The things we do.

Only takes one careless moment which is why I say only fit one when you have no option.
Better to spend large and dig up the ground than spend less first and continue to spend thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone with saniflow knowledge?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock