Discuss Anyone willing to take on adult apprentice?Salford/Manchester in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Hansell

Hi
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take on an adult apprentice for 4 days a week.I am currently working towards my City and guilds 6129 tech certificate.The greater manchester skills centre said they would be willing to fund to nvq level 3 if i was taken on by someone and i could go 1 day a week of my choice.I am well aware that the quals are changing soon.
Many thanks
Andy

i am now told that this course will be converted to 6189 once i find some work.Any one interested?

Hi mate i start my city and guilds 6219 technical certificate in september at trafford college in the evening .What i want to no is firstly is the qualification a city and guilds qualification and cani get work in the industry when ive done my 2 yrs.Im doing gas fitting in yr 3

as far as i know 850rick you can do your tech cert 6129 but you need an employer to get an employer to get your nvq which is all about competence in what your doing.You cant work on site without your nvq

Hi mate i start my city and guilds 6219 technical certificate in september at trafford college in the evening .What i want to no is firstly is the qualification a city and guilds qualification and cani get work in the industry when ive done my 2 yrs.Im doing gas fitting in yr 3

the 6129 is unlikely to get you any work as a plumber, many have done the 6129 and then offer to work for free

6129 is a C&G but thats only an awarding body, you can do a tech cert with eal, dont mean its any better because it says C&G, dont fall into that trap

gas fitting at l3? are you sure its not plumbing with some gas?

the 6129 is unlikely to get you any work as a plumber, many have done the 6129 and then offer to work for free

6129 is a C&G but thats only an awarding body, you can do a tech cert with eal, dont mean its any better because it says C&G, dont fall into that trap

gas fitting at l3? are you sure its not plumbing with some gas?

Hi fuzzy its defo a level 3 in gas after my level 2 im doing a night course in the evening so the gas course will take a yr.What throws me is there is a company in salford not far from where i work that do a fast track course for seven grand all in and thats a 6129 city and guilds and they say your qualified to get a job.

If its the worst caes of i need to get an nvq i will hunt for an employer to take me on but untill then i will sit the two yrs then i can go to an employer and get a good start with the stuff ive learnt and do an nvq while being employed,either way some one will take you on but at what cost i dont no there has to be a foot in the door somewhere

Hi Andrew there is many discussions on this, you can do your city and guilds tech cert level 2 in plumbing, then find an employer and do your city and guilds 6089 level 2 NVQ in Plumbing, you can then do your City and guild, Tech Cert, level 3 in Plumbing and then Your 6089 Level 3 NVQ in Plumbing. (I know these numbers have changed and the course has slightly changed, but this is what I know them as) you can then sit your ACS assessments, as long as you have proven experience in Gas work (working with a gas engineer).

Now the answer to your question, you can work as a plumber with no qualifications at all, this is why the training centre say you can become a plumber with the city and guilds level 2 in plumbing.

Although nowadays, if you are going to be a wet plumber and get a job doing it then you must have an NVQ2 minimum really.

The biggest thing to remember is not to believe anything these training centres tell you, they are salesman not teachers who tell you this.

2 years will be very hard to do in college to get your gas, it is normally 4-5 years in college, make sure you look for a placement now as my friend took 3 years to get a job.

Hi fuzzy its defo a level 3 in gas after my level 2 im doing a night course in the evening so the gas course will take a yr.What throws me is there is a company in salford not far from where i work that do a fast track course for seven grand all in and thats a 6129 city and guilds and they say your qualified to get a job.

when you get the 6129 you are not fully qualified. it is only part of the proper qual. your unlikely to get a job with the 6129
gas? to do a level 3 gas course (proper one) youll need a level 2 gas course, what you doing is plumbing, the natural progresssion is the plumbing level 3 which includes gas, they are different so check

If its the worst caes of i need to get an nvq i will hunt for an employer to take me on but untill then i will sit the two yrs then i can go to an employer and get a good start with the stuff ive learnt and do an nvq while being employed,either way some one will take you on but at what cost i dont no there has to be a foot in the door somewhere

will you get a job? a foot in the door? check out the posts on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone willing to take on adult apprentice?Salford/Manchester in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all, I am considering retraining and like a few on here I am in my 30s and currently working full time, four days a week. I read a bit...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, First post on here so please go easy on me if possible ! I’m a mature student in my 40s based in the Wrexham/Chester area looking to...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
D
Hi my name is David. I'm 29 years old. I live in South West London. I spent 2 years doing my City & Guilds Level 2 & 3 of the 6128 Plumbing and...
Replies
Views
Davidade
D
S
Hi, I could do with some of your help please. Last September I started an intense City & Guilds Level 2 (6035) course, I finished/completed it...
Replies
Views
Shayno89
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock