Discuss Anyone used that Loctite stuff?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I bought some the other day as it was only 2 quid, its just sitting in the back of the van now.

Have any of you boys used it and if so is it any good?

Its a pipe sealant it can be used on water and gas. Its looks like dental floss. I saw it in the merchants when it first came out but it was well pricey. Saw it the other day and it was cheap so I bought some just to try.

I've bought a couple of rolls now,it is pretty good.It's like a cross between PTFE and hemp.

Best stuff about used it lots of times have a lil scratch up and few wraps not to many and bingo defo nil leaks !!!
Bin the ptfe ,,,,dated !!

my merchant can't get shut i can now buy 250m rolls for 2quid:bucktooth:

i use it a lot! particularly good on outside taps because if it isn't in line when you have screwed it into the backplate you can untwist it and it will remain watertight because of its fibrous nature. unlike ptfe which will leak badly

my merchant can't get shut i can now buy 250m rolls for 2quid:bucktooth:

i use it a lot! particularly good on outside taps because if it isn't in line when you have screwed it into the backplate you can untwist it and it will remain watertight because of its fibrous nature. unlike ptfe which will leak badly

You can bye 250m rolls of loctite 55 for ÂŁ2 ??

It seems to fall into my toolbox when i am doing commercial works , dont know how i seem to get 5 or 6 rolls each time tho ??

best thing since sliced bread ive just recieved a free sample of the rocol version i suspect its same stuff differnt package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone used that Loctite stuff?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock