Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone else had their bahco adjustable's fall apart? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Badboy plumber

I had a really old set of bahco's for years and no problems, lost em, brought a new set and within 3weeks a screw fell out so I returned them for another set, and these are doing the same thing!!! Anyone else had this problem? P

Yes had the same see if you can find old stock somewhere .having the same problem with pipe slices had four to pear shaped in the last couple of months

I got mine from toolstation, so you can just imagine how sturdy they are. :thinking:

Yeah that's what I was thinking but any old stock must be few and far between, any ideas where to start looking anybody? P

Try a tiny drop of Loctite Thread lock after degreasing, only use a tiny amount or you wont be able to remove the screw to replace the jaw in time.

I've not had a problem with the three sets i have and to be honest, they are the best wide jaw adjustable on the market at the moment. I wouldn't change but thats just me. If you keep the screw tight and treat them to a squirt of WD40 every now and then, they will last an age.

All mine are +20 yrs old but a bit like Triggers broom and I wouldn`t swop em for the world.

I use 3 in 1 oil as find wD dries the metal out. I once when in the Bowles of a job put copper grease on a pair of old 48's they worked beautifully but when I went to wipe sweat out of my eye looked like I should have been in farnkie goes to Hollywood video .

Old apprentice had his fly to bits he said he need new ones. Simple clean and re build all good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone else had their bahco adjustable's fall apart? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I could really do with some advice. Bit of back history, I have a trianco thorncliffe solid fuel room heater it has a back boiler, my dad put the system in just over 30 years ago, everything was bought from the then local fire shop, installed with lots of advice from them, the system has worked...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered that the rainwater pipe that runs through my winter garden balcony...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone This is my first post here and I hope to hear from some of the experienced plumbers or anyone else in general that has had an issue with plumbing. In October 2018 a plumber came to install full central heating and a unventes cylinder which was zoned to two floors (Basement and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock