Search the forum,

Discuss Anybody recognize the piping system in this photo? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepickleruk

I want to move a radiator in my house and had a plumber come round and have a look.

He said it was some sort of some special piping system that you need a special machine to join up. It is made up of 16mm piping.

He referred to it as what sounded like the 'upnull' system and said he wouldn't be able to help as he didn't have the special equipment needed to work with it.

However having done lots of google searches with different spelling of 'upnull' I can't seem to find anything out about it.

So does anyone recognize it? I am looking for someone in Exeter who may be able to work with it.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Picture 037.jpg
    Picture 037.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 150
These the official uponor fittings? Ive used before compression fittings, replacing the nuts and olives with uponor nuts and adaptors

Just ripped a load out in a refurb where the service engineers were installing Uponor stuff. Plastic compressed fittings and threaded unions to get back to conventional size pipes and fittings........not impressed tbh.

The pipe is great, however everything is expensive, i prefer using the compression fittings with the adaptors

16mm push fit stuff

Produktkatalog

I think it you get these push fittings you can cut the pipe and do the job without the tool. Or use the adaptors to convert it to 15mm pipe. Speak to Uponor to be sure.

16-15mm adapter push fit:

Produkt-Detail

Last edited by a moderator:
That takes me back 12 Years, was the next best thing for about 6 months. ..

last time I came across this stuff i though ohh white plastic pipe snip snip went to put fittings on ohh b******s. had to hire the machine for a day. easy to use but a complete pain.

That takes me back 12 Years, was the next best thing for about 6 months. ..

Used loads of this type crimp fit in Australia,1st fixed last house on an estate in Mandurah forgot to crimp a joint,held on water test .Months later Bruce and Sheila moved in turned water on brought down massive ceiling nearly killing their dog.Got called back ASAP to investigate it before insurance peeps crashed in,noticed clanger I dropped.... is honestly the best policy nooo,jumped in neighbours garden grabbed hand full of puppy ****,smeared in loft unscrewd the corner of colourbond roof,filed some teeth marks in the pipe,recrimped the joint got on blower to gaffer ''Possom chewed through pipe mate''..the roofers insurance payed the bill..... iplex pro fit was the pipe in question..

Last edited by a moderator:
this one is bound to come and bite us in the backside in years to come! a leak maby and the how easy will these 15/16 fitting be to come across? a very bad idea i say!! ar diyers cutting into them unknowingly trying to fit an outside tap or something!!

Many thanks for all your help. Now I know what I am dealing with I can hopefully get it sorted.

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anybody recognize the piping system in this photo? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual safety check before the fault developed. He said the boiler is ok with no fault. He said there must be a leak under the floor boards causing hot...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock