Discuss Any training sugestions please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I am a fairly new member. I have almost finished my City and Guilds 6128 course NVQ2. I am in desperate need of some practical experience and knowledge. Reading books is all well and good but it is not substitute for the real world

Are there any plumbers in the bath/bristol somerset/wiltshire area needing an extra pair of hands ? No payment required

thanks

Paul

Sorry to jump on the band wagon here Paul.. Im in exactly the same situation just looking to get some experience in the Cardiff/South Wales area.

Any offers????

Liam

We've managed to find a few tilers a bit of experience in this way but not many, so I'm guessing the plumbers would be similar.

Generally you'd find most of them won't want to carry a 'mate' that's going to A) either slow them down or B) once they've had enough experience, they become competition.

That said, sometimes you can find a guy that will give you a bit of work, with him, and then afterwards team up on jobs or whatever.

If you can get some work in yourself but you're not too experienced yet, perhaps offer that job to a plumber to show you the score and that'll give you a working relationship with him, and then perhaps he'll give you a bell when he has a job, you could even end up on a few jobs together from both your customers.

Good luck though lads.

p.s. please leave feedback about the course you've been on in the course forum, it'll help newer lads find the right course for them.

Hi Paul Cockhill
I live in the Bath area and recently passed 6129 C&G (doing unvented Thursday and later part P).
I was hoping to get in with someone in the area but no luck.I ended up going it alone and it has only picked up for me in the last 2 weeks.I do enjoy it, but it is quite a step from being employed and someone else there if the s#*t hits the fan.
Give it a go.
Good luck

Hi all,

My name's mike im new to this site. Iv been trying to find out lately how i can gain qualifications in plumbing and gas and whats actually recognised. Iv been an air con engineer since i was a lad but have always done plumbing on the side and when there wasn't enough ac work, infact probably about a third of my on-site and hands on experience over the years has been plumbing.

Curently am out of the businees after being made redundant a few months back from my ac job, however looking to get back into it preferably want to do the plumbing side more now, just wanderin if anyone out there's got ne advice on the best way to get quals', also anyone got any idea on just how busy it is out there, is here actually much demand for plumbers?, got much work on? There many people out there requiring new bathrooms or central heating? Ideally thats what id like to do myself self- employed long term.

Had a look at the BTSC in chessington and after some feedback sounds like its a bit of a no go.

Any advice be much appreciated, cheers:D

Hi Paul Cockhill
I live in the Bath area and recently passed 6129 C&G (doing unvented Thursday and later part P).
I was hoping to get in with someone in the area but no luck.I ended up going it alone and it has only picked up for me in the last 2 weeks.I do enjoy it, but it is quite a step from being employed and someone else there if the s#*t hits the fan.
Give it a go.
Good luck

Hi Sorry for a late reply
I guess you are right, I will just have to go for it. I will complete my course in 2 weeks. I did a job, for my brothers building firm in Lincoln last week and that went well.

As you seen to be doing well, any tips. I have a basic tool box. Any suggestions on what is really important to carry around

regards

Paul:)

My advice now to anyone who wants to start in plumbing is - be a carpet fitter, less tools, easier and quicker to learn and they are absolutely raking it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any training sugestions please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock