Search the forum,

Discuss Any Ferroli optimax he plus 31 c gods on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have above boiler with A41 flashing up flow sensor disconnected.

So i have checked for loose wires pcb end and sensor end. I have checked the ohms on the sensor both sides and got 11k on both that was both through the wiring loom and straight onto the connections. Which says to me that there is no break in the wire as both readings the same.

So this led me to the conclusion pcb? Anthing else to check?

I'm having a stinker at the moment and have missed diagnosed 3 wrong in the last week!!!! This morning intermittent fault on burner tested capacitor and all ok pump was a bit noisy fitted new pump and capacitor is the fault!!!!!! I really dont want to have to buy and keep hold of almost £200 worth of pcb for a boiler I never work on.

Did you speak to technical about it? I don’t work on many of them but I’d try testing the dhw sensor and may try to replace these dhw sensor before the PCB.

Does the dhw sensor and check the filter it may be blocked. They are the 3 wire sensors it may be expecting some form of power back to the PCB.

It's a different sensor to the dhw sensor as it's a combined overheat and flow sensor. I am getting the same readings on the flue sensor

I spoke to ferroli they said either the sensor or check the wiring. I am not able to see 90% of the wiring as it's covered up but I would of thought that if there was a problem with the wiring I wouldn't of got the same readings. He then said if both readings the are the same then it's not faulty. Then that was all I could get out of him.

That's the beast. I tested the resistance down them and got 11k ohms on both sides which to me says the wiring isn't a problem but I'm not 100% and tech were pretty much useless.

I was thinking dhw flow switch as well but ended up phoning them to see which one it was.

Usually with DHW flow sensors you are looking for a change in the DC Voltage but not too sure about Ferolli. Usually 5vdc. Is it the correct way around? If so I'd just change the sensor, as said it is more financially bearable.

Reply to Any Ferroli optimax he plus 31 c gods on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock