Discuss any boiler serviced for £29.99 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed but then I normaly check all the rads work, tanks in loft etc if applicable, gives the customer the impression they are getting something for thier money. Every boilers different but I normaly take around 40 mins on a new condencing unless its a floorstanding greenstar.
Cant believe someone thought it would be a good idea to invent a modern highflow, hate those things.

Theres no way anyone would do 40 real boiler services in a normal week. 5 day week, 8 hour day, 25-30% of boilers are BBU & fire fronts, trouble getting covers on or off, getting tools to & from the van, Driving across town between jobs, parking difficulties, tenants or householders not in at the appointed time, the inevitable, "oh, while your here could you........"
You'd be lucky to do 4 or 5 in a normal day if done properly without any difficulties !
I think what we a talking about here is a swift FGA & gone again, or more likely just a foot in the door & oh er missus your boiler is knackered.

Who's going to do the rest?

Gas Rate
Gas Pressures
Cleaning Condensate Trap
Checking for leaks (yes, taking off cover and having a look)
etc....

Optional (chargable) extras :smile:

But if one of these £30 a service guy lands on your plot, you suddenly look very overpriced and lose work, then he is still doing 40 and you do 5 at £80. Plus servicing is hardly going to tire anybody out is it??
theres plenty of these guys on my plot servicing £30.00 landlord certs £25.00. i just leave em to it they've got no business sense. i'm doing ok for business not rushed off my feet but then i dont have to be. 2 boiler swaps booked in next week and if thats all i did in july it would still cover all my bills mortgage etc for the month.

Who's going to do the rest?

Gas Rate
Gas Pressures
Cleaning Condensate Trap
Checking for leaks (yes, taking off cover and having a look)
etc....

Come on.
Take off cover 1 minute, gas rate 3 minutes, working pressure 2 minutes, analyser while doing working pressure, check for leaks 30 seconds, clean trap 3 minutes. Thats being generous too. No excuse to take longer than 20-30 minutes.
As for BBU, then you are charging extra as its 2 appliances obviously, so even if it takes 45 for them you have charged the extra.

theres plenty of these guys on my plot servicing £30.00 landlord certs £25.00. i just leave em to it they've got no business sense. i'm doing ok for business not rushed off my feet but then i dont have to be. 2 boiler swaps booked in next week and if thats all i did in july it would still cover all my bills mortgage etc for the month.

No business sense just because they are not ripping off folk??
They need work and more than likely will get more if they lower price, seems like good business to me. Nothing wrong with a full diary.

Nothing wrong with a full diary.

Nothing wrong with charging what you see fit either.

An old saying which refers to busy fools
Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato

What happens when people start doing them for £19.99 after they've been earning minimum wage in a shop and doing their ACS that will suit them fine.

Be all the same people on here defending doing cheap work moaning about crazy prices.

Look Gas men dont have a right to charge stupid money, those days are quickly leaving us. Our game is flooded at the moment and also less demand due to homes having less to spend, the prices were always going to drop, thousands of gas men have been laid off in the last 5 years and many have started up on their own, prices will continue to drop so get used to it.
I have also changed my route a little, as I am now doing commercial and taking LPG soon too, a company I do work for have offered me loads of LPG and Com.

I am a quick worker I can fit a 3 port in 45mins all tested rads nice and hot before I leave (dont include microbore systems as they can be anything upto 4 hours getting rid of airlocks) and pumps in about 15-20 mins. But I cannot service a boiler properley in 20-30 mins takes usually 40 mins minimum FGA takes 10 mins as you have to check them high, low, high, then with casing off plus you should get them upto temperature before hand. Then checking safety devices on them some boilers will go through their cycle 5 times and can take 4-5 mins to lock out. Then checking the flues discharge pipe controls etc all takes time.

BBU and fire front takes me around an hour for a clean 1 takes me 20 mins to get to the BBU after cleaning the fire then removing the burner cleaning it then cleaning the heat exchanger is another 20 mins then carrying out all the checks on it and putting it back together as I go.

I personally do have doubts about people who get through jobs too quick as they are probably missing things. Their was a lad who worked for our company that did 1 area since he has left I am the 1 going around after him there are many jobs that I am finding quite a few faults on that have not been picked up (pretty basic faults flues not clipped etc.) all because he wanted to be in and out as quick as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to any boiler serviced for £29.99 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need someone to replace my boiler, I am thinking to get an Intergas HRE 24 SB. Our current boiler (and old Ideal) is in the kitchen, and we...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Hey, forum friends! 👋 Excited to introduce Master Drain Ltd, your go-to expert for top-notch drain installation and repair services. Here's what...
Replies
Views
Hi all We had a boiler (Potterton Assure hot water and heating system with header tank) fitted two years ago and been serviced twice by Baxi...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock