Discuss any boiler serviced for £29.99 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on you, nobody on here can tell anybody what to charge, the ones who are moan ing are worried they may have to work for a living soon.

I bet its easier to do a service then to fix a toilet, yet to turn around and say £80 to fix a flush valve, most customers would be puzzled why it is that expensive, yet £80 for a boiler service and people aint that bothered.

good installation and good on you,
A lot of People would give there right arm for £30 per hour,
If your happy that's all that matters.
Good luck and hope you get loads more installs,
topdog
Trainee gas engineer
doing work portfolio at the moment.

Good on you, nobody on here can tell anybody what to charge, the ones who are moan ing are worried they may have to work for a living soon.

For most self employed people, being work shy is not an issue, it's a fair price for the job most tradesmen want,
this forum is full of people moaning that there's no work and that prices of jobs are falling.
it's the people who do servicing for £30, that are causing prices to fall, if everyone charged say £80 for a service, then thats what the customer would have to pay.

cost cutting only benefits the customers

For most self employed people, being work shy is not an issue, it's a fair price for the job most tradesmen want,
this forum is full of people moaning that there's no work and that prices of jobs are falling.
it's the people who do servicing for £30, that are causing prices to fall, if everyone charged say £80 for a service, then thats what the customer would have to pay.

cost cutting only benefits the customers

Excellent point, There should be a standard price all over the country for servicing, will never happen, but there should be.

The irony of somebody earning the same money in 40 hours as someone else does in 30 then trying to give them business advice is not lost on me.

The way some people (customers) look on it is say you do a job that takes half an hour plus a fivers worth of parts and ask for say £55. They compare that to how much they make in a day, say £80, and think they have just been shafted by another plumber or gas man who is pulling in what must be 100k a year at those prices.
They have no comprehension of what your actual costs and profit for that job may be and there is no point trying to justify it.
The low prices advertised are usually just a foot in the door exorcise. The £29 service is a sales ploy that may cost them 2 grand for a boiler if they (and they will) play it by the book but poeple are gullible.
Just take the rate you need or want. You are running a business not a charity and need to make a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to any boiler serviced for £29.99 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need someone to replace my boiler, I am thinking to get an Intergas HRE 24 SB. Our current boiler (and old Ideal) is in the kitchen, and we...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Hey, forum friends! 👋 Excited to introduce Master Drain Ltd, your go-to expert for top-notch drain installation and repair services. Here's what...
Replies
Views
Hi all We had a boiler (Potterton Assure hot water and heating system with header tank) fitted two years ago and been serviced twice by Baxi...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock