Discuss Annual combi boiler/gas safety check items or checklist.... in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Ok, as someone who works for a Housing association in the gas team, I can give you the following advice/information:

We have some engineers who complete them in approx 10 mins, and they are told on a regular basis to slow down.

It would be a good idea to collate them all together in an ideal world, however with change of tenancies, it makes it all the more difficult.

I’m actually carrying out some safety checks this week, and depending on appliances installed can take me 30 - 45 mins, we are given 45 to complete these. We are also to check ALL alarms in the property (a big push on this more recently). I carried out one the other day, took me approx 1 hour and 15, the boiler was new, but I swapped 3 alarms as well.

My initial advice to you is to contact the gas manager (if they have one) and express your concerns. I doubt gas safe will be that concerned with them, unless it’s dangerous or a risk. The flue sample cap will be easy enough to check.

Without giving too much away, are you able to name the association?

Reply to Annual combi boiler/gas safety check items or checklist.... in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back