Search the forum,

Discuss Analyser out of calibration?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is there a punishment for an engineer using an analyser that hasn't been calibrated for a few years?? Also what does ppm stand for when relating to CO in the air??

Is there a punishment for an engineer using an analyser that hasn't been calibrated for a few years?? Also what does ppm stand for when relating to CO in the air??

Yes every test performed out of calibration date is invalid

Had to adjust a gas valve on one of my jobs today, my FGA is in date but I couldn't get the right readings so called another eng used his FGA at the same time as mine and mine was out. Tried to adjust gas valve on low fire couldn't achieve it so had to ar boiler and my FGA will go back for recaliberation

1. yes, no insurance cover when it all goes awry 2. if your asking this, what on earth are you using an analyzer for in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my mate had his caloibrated just before mine was due we put them in the same flue and got the same readings which realy hurt as i knew i had to pay for nothing

its illegal to operate with a non calibrated machine and each one performed is a breach x 2 years worth=about 5 years m8

Thanks for all the comments. It's not my fga as I'm only just starting my gas training. I happened to notice the calibration date on a printout from a gas safe engineer. It said December 2012. I thought it was illegal so mentioned it but he didn't seem to care

Well i don"t know about other makes but my anton won"t work after the calabration date has expired!

When I did a lot of housing association work I worked for a plumber/ heating engineer and as it was not long before I was going self employed I asked what analyser he uses? He said a Kane it's brilliant still working fine and not had to get it calibrated for 3 years! I asked how he knew it was fine? Because it gives the right read outs! How do you know it could be massively out and you don't know that's why they have to be calibrated. He went very sheepish at this point.

What a muppet!

Just got mine back today from kane.
Top top service from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Analyser out of calibration?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock