Search the forum,

Discuss Am I being overcharged in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

frew

Hi, I live in 2 bed tenement flat with a 6 radiator central heating system. Scottish gas are replacing my old combi boiler with a Worcester Greenstar 28I high efficiency boiler with a condensate pump and powerflush to system for £2555 less £300 discount, total £2255.
A builder I happen to know recons this price is very high so I would welcome any expert opinion

Scottish power have very large overheads... hence there price is high...shop around try and get some "word of mouth" recommendation..

Get another couple of quotes !

In all fairness that price isnt too over the top, You will probably find a smaller company to do it for a bit less

To be honest it would be difficult to say as we haven't seen the job, however it doesn't sound way, way over the top

as mentioned get a local company or one man band in to give another quote

That will give you piece of mind

Its hard for us to say as we cannot see the layout and pipe runs

Not too bad as it goes.

Recently went to quote for a similar job.Went in after Bg and they had quoted £3750 for the same thing.
As already said get another few quotes.

BTW ALL the builders I know, would not be looking at installing WB, but usually ravenheaps or anything that they can get from their DIY sheds!

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Am I being overcharged in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock