Discuss Always, always use appropriate PPE! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R1CKY

Decided I didn't need to wear safety glasses whilst chiseling away at a solid wall, as it would only take a two seconds. Just got back from A+E, where a doctor stuck some anesthetic and orange dye in my left eye, he then used a needle to scrape a spec of concrete block out of my eyeball!

The git didn't tell me the dye was all over my face either! I walked out of the hospital looking like a crackhead that had spilled Irn-Bru on my face!

I think there is a need for photos as evidence of the damage caused ofcourse !

Eye protection is defiantly a must, have been caught out similarly in the past, whilst cleaning up steam boiler for annual inspection by insurance surveyor using wire brush on a grinder, got a but of steel in eye. Initially scraped out using needle, but they couldn't remove all of it so I was referred to the eye clinic where they used what I can only describe as a dremel to shave off the surface of eye and remaining foreign body

No way am I posting pictures of myself!! Its mostly gone down now, just a little bloodshot in the corner!

Roger, that sounds horrible!

We have a saying between our group of mates, which is

"photos or it never happened"

I think this is a perfect case :)

I'd rather be thought of as a liar than post a close up of my face on t'internet!!

Eye protection is defiantly a must, have been caught out similarly in the past, whilst cleaning up steam boiler for annual inspection by insurance surveyor using wire brush on a grinder, got a but of steel in eye. Initially scraped out using needle, but they couldn't remove all of it so I was referred to the eye clinic where they used what I can only describe as a dremel to shave off the surface of eye and remaining foreign body

What an image. Ooooh!

I've had arc eye in the past and the next couple of adays after were like that but more prolonged, the actual procedure wasn't particualrly painful.

Are you really ugly then? :)
Haha! How can you ask a question like that and put a smiley on the end! I've been told on numerous occasions I look like Gavin Henson I'll have you know!! Just with less muscle, less fake tan, big bags under my eyes and a puberty beard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Always, always use appropriate PPE! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock