Discuss alpha 240X no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

derrybongo

Hi Guys

Alpha 240X customer complaining about lack of hot water and will only stay hot on low flow
i opened up the Divertor v/v and changed out the DHW flow and primary flow diaphrams but this has only made a slight difference

when the hot tap is opened you can get plenty floy (but cold)
both microswitches activate via the diaphram pins
burner comes on and stays on but no hot water it appears to be heading to the central heating
Im tending to think about changing out the complete divertor v/v but its a costly bit of kit so thought i would get some thoughts on this first

cheers

It will be the pin stuck in the diverter valve,isolate /drain hot water and heating removed front domestic hot water diaghram holder from front of diverter valve by loosening the two grub screws at back,then unscrew front of diverter valve,part with the two holding grup screws,remove and then remove pin from fitting from rear so as not to damage seal o ring clean pin ,greese and replace all in reverse you will have nice hot water,if pin seal is leaking ,you can replace seal but if you have not done before just replace complete part,think ariston and volkera supply part,many manufactorers only supply full diverter valve but part is universal and used in many boilers

Hi Puddle

thanks for the reply. I checked out the pins on the front and back of the large divertor diaphram and they are moving fine also after removing the large diaphram body via 2 grubscrews the pin in the divertor body seems to be moving ok (pushes in and out with thin screwdriver was sticking out a couple of mill from housing)
but all the pins are moving to contact the microswitches on the top and the bottom of the divertor v/v hence all the head scratching
i was wondering if this was an issue in that do both microswitches need to be activated for DHW (i tried disconnecting one and no burner light up)
have to admit to being stumped with this without taking a gamble and changing out the whole v/v

cheers

if its dumping down[going down the flow pipe when dhw] on either do as puddle says or get a new valve take a look at abkot uk see what they charge for one

Hi all

cheers gasman, think i will strip the whole thing down again tomorrow. if nothing else it will give me a better understanding of how the whole thing works rather than just fitting the new divertorv/v and forgetting about it

Hi
priced up the new divertor v/v at £174 customer reckons he would be as well with a new boiler as this one is coming up for 10 years old so pricing up a new system :D

but for the more experienced guys out there the divertor v/v at the front has a new diaphram and pins moving ok. what i couldnt figure out is why both pins make the micro switches (front and top) i thought only the front one was used for hot water ?

anyone know the system

it is your looking at the pump pressure switch and dhw switch both must lift for dhw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to alpha 240X no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock