Discuss Alpha 24 Intec no heating. Div valve motor changed 3 weeks ago due to no HW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys,

Got a job to go to in a little while.

Customer said no HW previously, I changed the div valve motor and all has been fine. Received a phone call tonight now they have no heating. When they turn the heating on, the boiler fires and the temp shoots up and it goes off. No rads get hot.

I'm thinking its a circulation problem as the boiler fires but nothing gets hot.

Any advice before I go?

Thanks

Someone been messing and turned a primary iso off?
Pumps stuffed?
Stuck diverter?

Sounds like pump or really bad circulation problem , maybe gunked up boiler,,,

Just got back. Turned the heating up to max and it all fired up.

They normally have it on timed and they said sometimes the heating comes on and sometimes it doesn't. Could possibly be the programmer is faulty?

HW has been fine just the heating is playing up.

There was a bit of kettling coming from the pump. Bled it but ok.

All working fine when I left but I have a feeling that it will play up again soon.

What would you think was the problem? Timer or pump? Or even diverter valve itself??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha 24 Intec no heating. Div valve motor changed 3 weeks ago due to no HW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock