Discuss All my radiators are cold :( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cherry

Hi I'm hoping someone might be able to suggest something. i realised my heating hadn't come on as usual tonight, so I checked the pilot light and it had gone out which has never happened before. After googling how to re-light☺️ I did and it stayed on but every single radiator is cold. The pump is working, well I think it is as I can hear it, same for thermostat, when I turn it right down the boiler goes off and when I turn it up the boiler kicks in. I have bled radiators that I can, some are really old and I can't find the valve thing. I have also bled pump. The heating was fine this morning. I hope this makes sense sorry if it's a bit long, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Comparing powerflush to traditional method: The method of flushing by using chemical agents followed several days later by repeatedly draining down the central heating system is very labour intensive, it requires at least two visits and doesn’t get rid of all the debris and problems often quickly return. No matter how good the flushing agent was, the low flow rate causes that some debris settle back in the system. Removing individual radiators, and flushing them with a hose outside the house, is equally time consuming, very messy and has no effect on deposits in the pipe work and elsewhere in the system. I prefer the traditional method, myself.

So you prefer the method which requires multiple visits, is more time consuming and less effective?

Have you ever done a powerflush? Or just repeating what you've read somewhere? You remind me of m.joshi

i want a reason why you are resurrecting ancient threads by sunday via pm or i will remove you ,as i believe you are trolling our forums

i want a reason why you are resurrecting ancient threads by sunday via pm or i will remove you ,as i believe you are trolling our forums

Banning%0A.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to All my radiators are cold :( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock