Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Airlock and water hammer in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Robfrance

Robfrance New Member

hi

I’ve recently turned the water back on in the house and suddenly it stopped flowing. It stopped in the kitchen first. After messing about with taps it came back on in the kitchen and has now transferred to the first floor bathroom where it has lost pressure, although improved a bit after some messing about with taps. There is loud water hammer from the hot in this room. The top floor bathroom above is just fine. I have single leaver mixer taps for basins and baths in both bathrooms.

Any help massively appreciated as it’s driving me mad.

2. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

Easy job for a plumber ,
    Tried giving one a call ??

3. Robfrance

Robfrance New Member

Called three so far. All didn’t turn up. I live in southwest France.

4. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Trusted Plumber GSR

Morning.
    Do you know if the DHW (Domestic Hot Water) and Cold supply are tank fed, mains fed, pumped etc?

5. Robfrance

Robfrance New Member

Thanks for getting back.

The cold is direct from the mains, the hot is fed via a hot water tank ( balloon) which takes pressure from the mains, not gravity.

6. bogrodder

bogrodder Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Paid your water bill?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Trusted Plumber GSR

I can only imagine that you mean an unvented cylinder?
    If you have opened all the valves required then the easiest thing is to get a Plumber. I believe tradesmen on the continent are a bit laid back but it may be necessary to wait in your case. It is unlikely that a mains pressure fed system will suffer an air lock. If the water has been off a while and you have turned it on correctly, it could be a valve which is broken or jammed.