Search the forum,

Discuss Air source heat system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, need some advice here. A friend is thinking of buying a new build property which has an air source and solar panel setup. Ive been to look at the property and to be honest i wouldn't touch it with a barge pole as there are various problems. Looks like builder was a right bodger. Anyway the question is regarding this heating / hot water system. Is it any good ? Its a Sunte make of unit. Cant find anything about this cylinder online only that its from China. Looks like a right load of rubbish to me. Did test it and nothing was getting warm even after 30 mins. Looks like there should be ducting on top of the cylinder as when on air is sucking in on side and blowing out the other but nothing is connected. There is solar panels on the roof and looks like an immersion heater in the cylinder. Any advice would be great. Have tried to upload some pictures that i took but not sure how to do it on here

No mention of underfloor heating. A new build with ASHP, without underfloor heating, most likely a questionable install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air source heat system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for a heating engineer to recommend / install a pressurised cylinder and combi boiler system. There is ufh for a living space and two bathrooms, and radiators for the rest of the house. It's a 3 bed 2 bathroom property with solar panels on the roof, located in ringwood bh24. Any...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I have customer with solar that doesn't seem to be working so only gets 1/2 a tank of hot water which is heated by the central heating system. She can't find a company to come out and service the wet solar system and she is looking at getting loft conversion in the future will...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water, so we have the main water tank in the airing cupboard, plus a small pressurised (I think) tank. The smaller one has been leaking for several years leaving rusty water on the outside & on towels in the cupboard. The system also keeps losing pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock