Discuss air source heat pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

unguided1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all
air source heat pumps anyone got any ideas about them or experiance fitting them or what regulations I should be following?
Ive installed two in the last month. one is a 12 kw unit onto a heating system. the other is a pressurised hot water cylinder with a built in air source heat pump on top. I can already self certify the pressurised cylinder but what about any regs dealing with the air source heat pump on top :eek:

Last edited:
Hi all
air source heat pumps anyone got any ideas about them or experiance fitting them or what regulations I should be following?
Ive installed two in the last month. one is a 12 kw unit onto a heating system. the other is a pressurised hot water cylinder with a built in air source heat pump on top. I can already self certify the pressurised cylinder but what about any regs dealing with the air source heat pump on top :eek:

no regs at the moment apart from part P but they are in the pipeline you can get a BPEC or NIC qualification for heatpumps which will enable you to self certify when necessary

cheers markfxy i spoke to the college where I did my unvented course a couple of weeks ago but they dont appear to be doing courses at the moment so I will have phone B#bpec and get a list off them

Nu-Heat do a course covering both air source and ground source which is NICEIC approved, Dimplex also do courses on both types of heat pumps but slightly more expensive as you have to pay for two separate courses

hi markfxy
been flat out busy as usual. I am going to look into all your suggestions and try and get myself booked on a course before the end of the week. I have to confess I am quite taken be these pumps and would like to fit more of them especially the hot water cylinders. have you fitted any air source heat pumps if so what are your thoughts on them.

Hi mark
I had a chat with my customer todayand he has put some sort of meter on it that tells you the electric consumption and reckons he's using 35 pence a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to air source heat pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock