Discuss air lock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sav

got a customer that rang me last night with the following problem,

he drained down his hot and cold water to change some tap washers, went to fill the system up again (wuth the hot taps open) but no water comes out the hot taps and a very low amount comes out the cold,

told him to turn it all off then drain down again and try again.

he rang me about 10mins ago and still no joy even the cold water has nothing coming out the taps any idears?

thanks

Try filling circuits by filling from the bottom up, through the drain valves as aposed to filling by gravity.
Could also try fitting isolation valves, for ease of replacement in the future.

Last edited:
Hi, If its not air? it is possible that the gate on the cold feed to cylinder is jammed shut if they have been heavy handed. Good Luck

doubt it, i had an idiot like this last year. what it was they drained it all down without due consideration to the feed tank being scummed up, draining this down to the cylinder blocked tthe flow with poly balls. had to shove a hose in to flush it out.
10/1 thats the prob.

all sorted just a air lock

what i did was cos the cold was mains i used a hose pipe and connect it to the hot tap and blew the air lock out and it seemed to work.

thanks for the advice :)

i tend to drain down the tank about 3/4 now and then bung the feeds up

Try filling circuits by filling from the bottom up, through the drain valves as aposed to filling by gravity.
Could also try fitting isolation valves, for ease of replacement in the future.

How do you fill from the bottom up? Is it a case of fitting a length of hose to the drain off and fill from the cold tap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to air lock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock