Search the forum,

Discuss Air in system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrewstokes87

Hi,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have just been asked by a friend that one of his radiators needs bleeding every couple of days and never seems to get warm, he has asked me what could be causing this and what can be done to solve it. Any ideas?

Cheers

Asdk him what it smells like when he bleeds it? And does he have an open or sealed system? If he hasn't got a clue to the second then tell him to get some one in! lol

It is open vented and they have said it smells 'normal'. The boiler is a baxi bermuda back boiler I think if I can remember correctly, I have just not come accross this problem before...

pump speed too high on return sucking down the exp pipe & on an old system partially blocked?.
check the feed.

As above, or old age "gassing" caused by lack of inhibitor :)

By the way ... smelling like cooking cabbage or the like is common where 'gassing' occurs :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What can I do if it is 'gassing' would draining down the system and adding inhibitor solve this?

Also if the pump speed was too high why would it only cause one radiator to have this problem? And why would it keep occuring in the same radiator?

depends on how it is piped, air rises on principle so how do the pipes go/.? also is that rad full on at the valves?.

What can I do if it is 'gassing' would draining down the system and adding inhibitor solve this?

Also if the pump speed was too high why would it only cause one radiator to have this problem? And why would it keep occurring in the same radiator?

regards draining and adding inhibitor ...hmmmmmmmm ... good question ..? You'd have to ask the chemical blokes that manufacture the inhibitors ..... personally i think if you drained and re-filled you'd add more oxygenated water that'd add to the gassing and corrosion! I'd personnel advise adding inhibitor to the old 'gassing' system!

regards "only one radiator"? .... Common problem ... normally closest to the pump collects the most 'air' ..:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air in system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock