Discuss Air break on condesate pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lambchop

Last job of the day

do a re run of an internal condesate that goes underneath floorboards and terminates into an internal soil stack. 2 different areas/joints were leaking that were accessible under so cracked on and done it also asked by office to put in a s trap with removable lime chip bag.

put boiler into service mode to check for leaks on my joints, immediately starts leaking, at the top where new condense fits onto condense spigot of the boiler, ahh it's double trapped so not helpful. Put an air gap between both traps everything works fine. There is a co alarm present

my mate says he would ar that straight away. If the boiler condesate trap evaporates there's is a risk of poc leaking until the trap fills up with condesate again. Slim chance if soil stack is blocked, water could back fill and gurgle out of the air break.

i know it's not ideal but seems acceptable in m.i.s

whats everybody's opinion, be gentle I'm only on my first beer and hope everyone had a good week :sorcerer:

"also asked by office to put in a s trap with removable lime chip bag."

Why would you do that ?

Because there my employer and if they want to neutralise the condesate discharge before it goes into a combined sewage pipe and the local council have requested them to do this mate

Totally understand as they are your employer, Just I have never heard of this being done before.

Condense safe ect yes, not an S trap with lime chippings. Everyday is a school day.

As long as it's a syphon then it's to have the break, some instructions show the pipe like this. You can get a non return valve for them though.

Totally understand as they are your employer, Just I have never heard of this being done before.

Condense safe ect yes, not an S trap with lime chippings. Everyday is a school day.

sorry my fault just re read my op and it's misleading, I described the trap so it came across as something that's been cobbled together. It's a proper internal lime chipping trap specially for boiler condensate!

Doh,

I'm on my fourth! 2 can van dam, this could be a money maker, we can go 50/50 and sell it to ray,

Tell your mate to shut up mi's want an air gap. If the trap dries out the co alarm will go off anyway!

I hate internal air gaps on condensates...I've now visited 3x ID boilers where cracked boiler condensate traps have emptied, allowing POCs to **** out of the air gap.

One was in a child bedroom, and perfectly acceptable to MI's.

One was a washing machine stand up

Latest one was an installer fitting an internal tundish on the condensate

Should be ****ing banned....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air break on condesate pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock