Search the forum,

Discuss Air admittance valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, DIY plumber here, I’m after some advice regarding an AAV, my current one goes though the loft and the roof with a vent on, iv seen on some pan connectors have 32mm air admittance valves built on to them. Does this mean I don’t need the 110mm pipe into the loft at all? TIA
Tom

AAV's were invented when it was difficult to vent a fixture to atmosphere.
They were intended for single fixtures like basins, troughs and maybe a shower when the distance from the fixture did not fall within the required length of the vented drain.

As for using them to vent a dwellings entire sewer system was not the intended purpose, hence, I have installed probably 1/2 a dozen of them in 25 years - on single fixtures that don't fall within the ventilation requirements.

I wouldn't disconnect your main sewer vent

Oz is correct you need to vent your drains aav's are not enough especially the smaller size ones they are only a aid to help the flow of waste water from basins , sinks, baths, toilets, ect although tempting to remove pipes and boxings to gain space your asking for trouble theres nothing better than a vent to atmosphere. Kop

Reply to Air admittance valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock