Search the forum,

Discuss Aerator In Bathroom Sink Causes Water To Back Up In Faucet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I took off the aerator on my bathroom sink. When I put it back on, it caused problems.
When I turn on the water with the aerator in place, the water backs up into
the base of the faucet and runs on to the floor through the hole where the rod for the sink
stopper is.

I'm not sure that is clear. The faucet has separate hot and cold taps on a single base. In the
middle of them is the rod that lifts the sink stopper up and down. That rod extends through a
hole in the sink and connects underneath the sink to the mechanism that operates the sink
stopper.

So the water backs up from the aerator, into the faucet base, and runs through the hole in the sink
that the rod runs through. None of this was happening before I took the aerator off. It doesn't look
dirty or clogged. Can you tell me what the problem is & how to fix it?

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by cross-threaded.

The water is coming from the tap. When I turn on either the hot or cold water,
it backs up. If I take the aerator off, this doesn't happen.

Thanks for your input. Someone told me that the washer needed to be squeezed tighter. The aerator seemed to be as tight as I could make it already. But I tried again with a wrench. The wrench just slipped around it, without grabbing it. So, I tried using just my hand. It didn't seem to turn at all. But I guess I must have tightened it because the problem is gone.

Reply to Aerator In Bathroom Sink Causes Water To Back Up In Faucet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock