Discuss Advice/Opinion on Inflatable Testing Bags in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Could anyone recommend, or offer any advice, on air testing bags/bungs (domestic above ground drainage) for soundness testing.

I’ve found a couple on line and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them, or if there are any other products on the market that would be better. Any advice greatly received.

Horobin-100mm-Inflatable PVC Testing Bag-With Schrader Valve-Through Tube (HO-83032)

PVC Air Bag 100mm (from plastics-express)

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Could anyone recommend, or offer any advice, on air testing bags/bungs (domestic above ground drainage) for soundness testing.

I’ve found a couple on line and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them, or if there are any other products on the market that would be better. Any advice greatly received.

Horobin-100mm-Inflatable PVC Testing Bag-With Schrader Valve-Through Tube (HO-83032)

PVC Air Bag 100mm (from plastics-express)

Thank you in advance.

Unless your working commercial or on a big job where you need to sign stages of the job off I wouldn't bother, customers not, going to want to pay for you to spend extra time testing sections of pipe work, just chuck a bucket of water down and check for leaks

Unless your working commercial or on a big job where you need to sign stages of the job off I wouldn't bother, customers not, going to want to pay for you to spend extra time testing sections of pipe work, just chuck a bucket of water down and check for leaks

I don't think the building inspector would agree, if you fit a new SVP then it does need to be tested and signed off by the BI!?

I don't think the building inspector would agree, if you fit a new SVP then it does need to be tested and signed off by the BI!?

I'm not saying that it shouldn't I'm just saying that I've never ever seen it done in a private property only commercial or big builds

The Horobin, or it's Monument equivalent, looks the better to me. May need to wet the canvas-covered ones.

Many years since I was asked for an above-ground air test, but I don't do new-build.

Throwback to the days of of cast-iron soil stacks with caulked joints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice/Opinion on Inflatable Testing Bags in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock