Discuss Advice on soil pipe remaining in wall (behind toilet) in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

I'm trying to install a new toilet. The old cast soil pipe has been cut 'flush' to the inside and outside wall. On the inside, I will just use a pan connector. However, what do I do on the outside? Pictures of outside:
1.jpeg2.jpeg

You can see that the remnant of the pipe in the wall is not all that straight. What options do I have?

I could do this (Option 1):

Option 1.jpeg

But will that give a secure fit?

Or, can I insert some kind of pipe or longer connector (Option 2)?
Option 2.jpeg

Any thoughts or recommendations?

(I'm reluctant to remove the soil pipe remnant - the wall is solid, but you never know...)

Many thanks!

Tbh remove the cast out of the wall and install a new piece of pipe etc you will have to chop into the wall anyway else the collar will stick out to far for you to join to the existing piece up the wall

Reply to Advice on soil pipe remaining in wall (behind toilet) in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
B
My soil pipe on the downstairs toilet seems to be partially blocked. Now I know it can be rodded but I was thinking of another way. With the...
Replies
Views
Fitting a new toilet onto this old cast soil pipe that only fits in about 2inches. It's coming through the wall at an angle and can't be changed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering if this is allowed or will work in the UK. We currently have all our waste water connecting to a single vented stack. The pipes...
Replies
Views
The soil pipe from my bathroom passes through the outside wall and into the roofspace above the adjacent single storey kitchen before dropping...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock