Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Advice needed on shower trap waste!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparkystu

Im currently fitting new bathroom suit and im a little concernd about the shower waste.

Im installing a walk round shower cubicle. Its basically a 900 quadrant with an extra bit added you walk round to go in. It only has a 50mm waste hole and im fitting a 8" shower head from the cieling. My question is will the 50mm waste hole cope with the amout of water from the shower head. I bought a mccalpine standard waste but im thinking it may need something a little better? Is the such a thing as a fast flow version in 50mm or are they all just a gimmic?? Ideally it would have been better with a 90mm hole, cant undestand why such a big tray only came 50mm.

Any advice welcome!

Thanks

Stu

MacAlpine top access shower traps take away around 26 litres/minute (over 5 1/2" gallons per min) Regardless of the size of shower head, you would need some serious "power shower" to out run that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice needed on shower trap waste!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside...
Replies
Views
Although not really my line of work, I have a full bathroom refurb to do where the bath with overhead shower is to be replaced with a low-level...
Replies
Views
I am really struggling with how to do the waste pipework from a shower tray and would appreciate any advice on the best approach to take. The...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
The old shower waste that was removed from the bathroom had a section where the waste went from 40 up to 50mm with an adapter. The pipes were run...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock