Discuss advice / help - hot bath tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RDUNC85

Hi.. Just after some advice.

I lie in a 3rd floor flat. I have stared to have problems with the hot bath tap, all other taps (hot & cold) work completely fine. Firstly it started to turn itself off mid use resulting in freeing cold showers ad now nothing comes out of the tap at all. It is a mixer tap with a built in shower where you lift the central tab in order to change from tap to shower usage. I have a combi boiler.

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light before I call a plumber out to have a look.

Thanks in advance.

Wonder i somebodies put one of those crap quarter turn washered tap revivers in and the washers come off.?

Upload a photo RDUNC85, could be its a thermostatic blending bath/shower tap and the thermostat has failed?

If it is washer type mixer, -
Tap washer on hot side of mixer shower is swollen and perhaps jamming inside the tap, or it is the very common fault of these new spindles where the works (especially the hot) come apart inside resulting in low flow of water, gradually getting lower if hot water swells tap washer or, - no flow at all. The seals inside the works wear & let water pass inside the works & also the brass can sometimes wear.
Needs hot works taken apart & greased with silicone grease or Vaseline, or new works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice / help - hot bath tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock