Search the forum,

Discuss Advice for replacing old coal boiler in Scotland in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My In-laws lives in Scotland Perthshire (I'm in England) and has an old 40+yr old coal fired boiler, Bungalow with 14 rads (some double) pumped heating microbore and gravity hot water cylinder. Rads originally sized on single glazing, then 15yrs ago got double glazing put in.
I'm trying to advise them on what they can change to (no gas available where they are), They had someone in suggesting nigh storage rad heaters. But expensive to run and they don't want solar panels on the roof.
I suggested new oil boiler system with tank.
Not sure what the Scottish Regs are in Scotland as far as new Part L and is it in force. Does installing a new heat source (boiler) mean the rads need to be compliant for a 50 deg flow. ie would this mean changing rads and pipework to be compatible with an airsource heat pump. Or is that only on new builds and complete renovations.
Any Scottish plumbers with some helpful suggestions and advice on their options.
Thanks

Reply to Advice for replacing old coal boiler in Scotland in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock