1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Advice for adding a branch into my existing stack in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. J murton

J murton Member

hello

Would like some advise on how to connect a new toilet to my existing stack.

I currently have one toilet upstairs but plan to run a new waste for a new downstairs toilet.

I know I have more than enough space to run the waste but my question is what is the easiest way to put a new branch connection into my current stack ?

Any recommendations would be helpful

Thanks.

835E1B3A-4BA6-4DAB-A52E-C2E2E9A97EC6.jpeg

2. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes tee branch with the horizontal to a 90°through the wall. And sort out your outside tap that’s shocking :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR

First thing you'll need to establish is where your current floor level is in relation to outside. What I would look at doing is removing the 2 67.5° bends at the base of the stack. Then depending on height of new toilet waste. Come up with a straight section of pipe. Tee accross for new toilet. Then 2 new bends on top of the tee to reattach the stack.

• Like Like x 1
  4. J murton

J murton Member

Haha it’s a new house for me so I have lots to do. The stupid hose tap will be gone soon though :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  5. J murton

J murton Member

This seems like a very good idea. I didn’t think of that. Thanks for your advice. I have a air gap beneath my house so plenty of room for the new stack to connect up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. J murton

J murton Member

Picture shows space. Probably about 1.5 meters from floor to ground.

95A05B57-FDED-421E-9CD9-DC1FCD89B340.jpeg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Its all very well measuring but I have found over the years poke an sds drill narrow one out thro the wall and see where you end up level wise and work off that, we will help you Rob Foster
    aka centralheatking

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. J murton

J murton Member

Thanks will do that

9. J murton

J murton Member

I also have another question.
    I’d like to change the stack because it’s a real eye sore.
    Does the stack need to go as high as it does ? Or can I have it lower with an air valve instead ?

BB82E1F5-37F1-423A-B740-9ACD6970BC1D.jpeg

2DDE72DE-57A8-48DB-ADE8-428D98A7DC3C.jpeg

10. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Why fix whats not broken, durgo or air admitance valves are an extra moving part which you do not need. Maybe you might want to go into the loft one day...who knows centralheatking
    It looks like you are well in if thats a suspended floor air vent in the wall in one of the earlier piccys

• Like Like x 1
  11. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Would leave as it if you want to smarten it up get some black paint and some new clips

• Like Like x 2
  12. snowhead

snowhead Plumber

Paint it.
    Don't use undercoat, just gloss, clean the green algae off first.

The 2 horizontal runs (from the bathroom?) could do with brackets and the rodding Tees are on the wrong way around.

Stack pie as per Craig, maybe with a rodding access just above the ground.

• Like Like x 2
  13. J murton

J murton Member

Great advice all round. Thank you

14. J murton

J murton Member

Can anyone clarify if push fit 110 is compatible with solvent weld 110 ?
    Thanks

15. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes same pipe used for both