Discuss advice - adding/modifying soil pipes in bungalow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, while I am here - a couple of related questions;

1. what would be the best way to connect the waste from the shower and whb? The existing bathroom ones go into 110mm branches with an adapter - is that OK or are there neater options?

2. Would I need a vent for the soil pipe in the ensuite - I'm thinking I would and would just do the same as in the existing bathroom - but into the loft space with an air admittance valve. Would that need to be 110mm or could I use smaller?

Thanks,
Graham

The addition of a new bathroom and the modification of sewage disposal are notifiable to building control for certification or need to be carried out by a person registered as competent.

Hi there I think the most difficult thing here may be getting your length of pipe down under the floor you may have to take it down in sections....brum

Many thanks.
I hadn't thought about the issue of getting a length of pip under the floor. However access isn't too bad and the length I need isn't that long anyway - maybe less than 1m and the depth to the ground under the floor is about 600mm.

I'm checking the Building Control issue again with architect but I was advised at the outset from him that all was ok. I'm in Scotland and I know the regs are different from England. We will soon see though.

Any advice on earlier questions ?

1. what would be the best way to connect the waste from the shower and whb? The existing bathroom ones go into 110mm branches with an adapter - is that OK or are there neater options?

2. Would I need a vent for the soil pipe in the ensuite - I'm thinking I would and would just do the same as in the existing bathroom - but into the loft space with an air admittance valve. Would that need to be 110mm or could I use smaller?

Thanks for all the help.

Graham

Hi again I got your thread mixed up with another one where the wc was a distance away if your only talking a couple of metres existing stack will suffice but a durgo wouldn't hurt to fit one plastic boss caps with reducing adaptors are best for shower and basin also durgo could go down to two inch pipework ....brum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice - adding/modifying soil pipes in bungalow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock