Discuss Acova Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lecca

Hi all , i have an acova radiator in my dinning room 4 column type, about 1200mm wide and 600 mm high,been in for few years, but never realy got hot , done all the usual bleeding,balancing on the system,now i have just been looking and the feed to the rad is not opposite the air vent,after much research i now realise that been an acova it is pipped wrong,(as per instructions dictate feed must be oppsite air vent ), so how much difference is it going to make pipping it the correct way, i can easily turn the rad ,just i may have some brackett marks left

Pretty sure they have specified flow/return connctions on them rads

Thats bollox. Not you Wattsie. Pipe them as you like. If its not getting hot then its a system issue. Non bi directional valve, wrong size feed pipe, undersized boiler (doubt it), or not bakanced.

No difference mate I've got 6 or 7 of them and none piped right all work perfectly. System issue me old fruity

I've had this with similar rads, can it not be drained down and just turned round?

The four column ones have no hydraulic baffles. If it's air just loosen the screws on the clamps and tilt it slightly so the air vent is at the highest point then once all air removed re level.

yep i can drain it and turn it no problem, just might be couple of marks off the clamps ,it's deffinatly not air in the rad,the valve is bi directional it;s not stuck,all the other rads in the house are spot on,the boilers only 2 years old,the rad gets warm but takes ages and not as hot as other rads, the feed pipe gets really hot,but at the point of entry to the rad it is very much cooler ,now after an hour or so the rad is warm, but the return pipe is cool , so i think it has a flow problem thats why i ask ,if some say it does'nt matter ,then why do they say they must be piped flow diagonal to vent, thanks EPH think i will turn the rad

Pretty sure they have specified flow/return connctions on them rads
yes they have, and it will be for a reason i think ,they seem to be the only ones i have seen that have it stipulated MUST be fitted flow diagonal to vent cheers

It's old practice of its a open vent air collects opposite to flow.[emoji101]

I think the Acovas must have a spreader tube or something inside them as they definately don't work right if they are on the wrong way round as i found out once to my annoyance after i read the leaflet and thought what a load of pysh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Acova Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock