Search the forum,

Discuss ace tradesmen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Suspicion again ,

Had a call off a company calling themselves The above^^ offering work in my area no sign up fee or money out to chase leads. He was quite straight with me saying they charge the customer alot but get a lot of work , googled street view shows an empty office but this steert view pic could have been months ago . Company check doesn't show much either but they have pinged me a service to do on monday £60.00 ,

what you guys reckon??

Worth a try.
Ask the customer what they are paying and steL the job next year

If you are not busy, then you have to take the chance and hope it all works out well. Personally, I will bail out of it.
What are the payment terms? 28 days? etc??? Hopefully it works out well and you end up with loads of work. Good luck and all the best. I hope it works out as you have already agreed a booking for Monday.

Not looking around for work got 3 boiler changes this week and phone rings numerous times a day.

He got my number off checkatrade said he will pay straight away .

Pay straight away? Got to be worth a shot then. Just stick to small stuff until you're confident they are legit. I wouldn't bother myself but I'm odd.

Not looking around for work got 3 boiler changes this week and phone rings numerous times a day.

He got my number off checkatrade said he will pay straight away .

If you have work booked, and are confident of future work, then my advice would be: 'Phone him and appologise that due to unforseen circumstances, you will not be able to proceed as arranged. Even if he pays you straight away for the job, he will be setting you up to do further work down the line and delay payment for as long as he can get away with.

If you have work booked, and are confident of future work, then my advice would be: 'Phone him and appologise that due to unforseen circumstances, you will not be able to proceed as arranged. Even if he pays you straight away for the job, he will be setting you up to do further work down the line and delay payment for as long as he can get away with.

Well thats my concern i will look at this job on monday ask the cust how she got the number few questions etc etc .
I do think tho at one point you do a job cust pays and they disappear leaving me unpaid.

Oh company check shows they set up in aug this year lol

Don't go by Google earth as they are 8 Years behind as I'm in one pic in my town but it was 8 years ago

Oh company check shows they set up in aug this year lol

Possibility 1. This 6 week old company have discovered the magic secret, which has eluded hundreds before them, of winning work, subbing it out, making a profit, getting paid and maintaining a trail of happy subbies.
Possibility 2. You get bumped.

Whaddya reckon?

901f41647fbb231643f8d827e1f1ef20.jpg

Thats all i know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ace tradesmen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock