Search the forum,

Discuss access training and nvq2? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barney 911

hey peeps im looking for a course and access training say you can do your nvq 2 with them without a work placement has anyone done this? Also are there any other providers that supply this qual without geting a work placement. I take it would be a costly figure for the privilage?

Thanks
Tom

very doubt it lol they sound like a rip off, stay away! a vocational qualification is part in college and on site experience.

it is not possible to do an NVQ without work placement. if they are doing this they will be shut down, who is offering this?

dont get it??? but ill look inot it. this is from EAL not C&G, regardless the standards must be the same. the on site bit is a element of the sector skills council, have they found a loop hole?

must be a loop hole for them to offer a nvq2 without site experience. did hear that nvq standards dont state that onsite assessments were necassary and some centres were challenging c&g, may be something to do with that i dont know. EAl must meet the same criteria and standards, they must have found a diffeent way round it, anyone else shed any light?

orite i just stumbled across it from what i gather you can do it there but do any other providers offer this service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to access training and nvq2? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2. Access training are offering an assessment package for £1500, which is competitive, but I am now nervous given the reviews I have seen on here. I am...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm looking for an adult course to do the NVQ2 C&G around my current job. Has anyone used or can recommend training providers in my area (North Herts/South Cambdrigeshire) where I can do the course part time? Ideally somewhere that has other adults - I'm 38 and career changing from...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the central heating but not for hot water and sometimes the other way round, so it's probably just luck as to when it does decide to work[?]. When there's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock