Discuss AAV closed in Vaillant boiler for many weeks - how risky? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Cabe F

I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he closed it. This is a tenanted property and it's not straightforward to get access to it.

How risky is it to / how long can I leave the AAV closed like this?

I have to hope it's not that risky, given the engineer thought it was the right thing to do to close it. The boiler is about five years old. I've already bought the Vaillant replacement AAV, just need to decide how hard to push to get access soon, or wait a few months for the tenants to be out.

Maybe a coincidence but the boiler is occasionally making a droning/ticking sound that I don't think it was making before.

Thanks for any opinions or advice on this.

Only becomes a problem when you drain down / refill after drain down there not designed to be left open all the time

Reply to AAV closed in Vaillant boiler for many weeks - how risky? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 400 15kW Heat Only Boiler I've got air in the pump and one gas engineer has said I need to move the pipes as they are...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
We have a Vaillant Ecotec 415 system boiler, about 11 years old. It has been serviced annually (most recently in Sept 2021) and we've had a couple...
Replies
Views
I need some help from the internet before I waste any more time and money trying to fix air getting in to my central heating! Looking for advise...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock