Discuss Getting really fed up with this in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Basically landlords who ask for you to do a number of landy gas certs .

They email a list of numbers and then spend half your time texting or phoning tenants. You then get a ridiculous time after 5 pm when they are home to do the cert. Or they cancel you last minute and arrange another after hours time.

Its getting to the point where some days I'm sat at home for hours waiting for them to come home.

I dont do 24 hours nor not really into working late like this .
What you guys do??

Simple way

Arrange all on same day eg 6 a day etc
If there not in move on and bill the landlord for a wasted trip

You will either find once he's had a missed call bill or two he will come round and open up with you or give you a set of keys

Just ask for keys to the properties or for him to come around with you all on the same day.

I dont work for many landlords , but I call the shots not them , honest .
I’m with you Town. I’m too busy to worry about landlords. They either work to my structure or they can disappear. I win some and lose some. I don’t miss the ones that I lose as I have probably lost them for a reason. I.e to strict or not cheap enough.

They cant just give you keys the tenant has to give permission for you to enter the property , pita but charge accordingly if he dont pay then dont do the work , i dropped one of mine as i got fed up chasing him for payments plenty more out there . cheers kop

But the landlord gives you permission

The Tenant or family member has to be there you could be accused of all sorts of stuff, then theres animals cats and dogs getting out sod that dont trust anyone me . cheers kop

As some have said, the tenant is the only person that can give permission for anyone to enter the property.
Tenants could accuse you of stealing or damaging their property and you obviously can't walk in on female tenants.
The law basically is that the tenant has rights and not even a landlord/owner can go into the property without tenants permission. And that also includes where tenants haven't paid rent for months and years. Only a court can overrule a tenant who refuses entry.
I have to try to work with tenants who are difficult to arrange reasonable times with. I like to keep texting them and if they mess me about I then tell landlord to contact them.

The landlord doesn't technically require permission to enter a property, but must give 24 hours' written notice before entering. The tenant, however, can legally refuse entry anyway. Sounds like a technicality, but the difference is that if the tenant has been properly informed and hasn't objected, then, if the tenant is out and the landlord, or you as his agent, goes in, there is not a problem. But not much good if you turn up to do work and then the tenant asks you to leave.

But if the tenant doesn't agree you cannot much do about it as it's still tenanted property. They have rights as they pay rent etc. You cannot just walk in as landlord either.

they get notified before hand so its ok

x at x time at x date will be coming to do a boiler service etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting really fed up with this in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock