Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 8mm Microbore CH system blockages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pongo

Gas Engineer
I'm currently working on a system that looks to have seriously restricted flow too the point of none. It's been corroding away since it was installed I would imagine. Only 1 service in 9 - 10 yrs its been commisioned and dubious inhibitor levels if at all. The flow restictiction has blown the expansion vessel and burnt out the pump. Once again 8mm microbore. Powerflushing with X800 had no effect.

I'm going to try and locate the manifold (if they even fitted one) and cut it out and inspect the pipes before I move on to other things, like making a quote up for repiping. Customer is unable to accept that the CH pipe on his 9 year old house may need replacing! Customer has tame retired plumber friend on the other end of the phone who has never needed to repipes and has always cleared the blockage :001_9898::smartass:

The worrying thing is that the house is on the same estate as mine and built by the the same "builders"!! (Think I'll be flushing my own system very soon.

Thoughts, suggestions?

:santa3:

Use a foot pump, it fits right on to the 8mm. Take the valve of and give it a pump. Let it go into to a bucket.

Last edited:
You could try disconnecting the manifold completely, get some speedfit plastic pipe and hook up the cold water mains pipe to each stabbing coming out of the ground one by one and blowing out any restrictions the other end, would prove whether completely blocked or not. If all good after that you could make up a bigger bore manifold with larger diameter center tees.

Pressure test buckets a good man for blasting out blockages too

Wasting your time trying to power flush micro-bore system, X800, waste of money never liked sentinel products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 8mm Microbore CH system blockages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The system is about 20 years old and has never been cleaned. The radiator water looks like tar and several radiators are warm at top and cold at...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock