Discuss debate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
having a spat with a mechanical engineer (knobbers)

basically their is a main boiler house which is fed by two inch iron off a commercial gas meter ,
off that commercial gas meter is a two inch tee that reducers down to inch copper with a aecv then sub meter then aecv.
this inch copper pipe shoots off to feed a system boiler

our argument is that i say its still one system as it tee's off from the main commercial meter regardless of aecv and sub meter

he says that its two systems because of aecv and sub meter

i am the gsr he is hnd/hnc ex gas man mechy engineer annoying noob

who is right

I would agree with him, ******** or not :) Its why you have sub meters means you can run several boilers off one feed ie flats, would you call 4 flats off one large meter with their own sub meters one system?

reason i ask i sure i phoned gsr tech help regarding this few years ago and they said its classed as pipework

its popped up again this week and mr engineer says its not and is adamant about it to the point i felt like chinning him lol

I'm getting an inference here, that means a lettings agent may get thumped tomorrow :)

Dam had right debate today regarding this

I was saying it's one system as originally had just one meter now it has had sub meter in feeding system boiler.
So if a gsr engineer done a tt on the commercial meter would they be classed as responsible person for whole system including sub meter

Dam had right debate today regarding this

I was saying it's one system as originally had just one meter now it has had sub meter in feeding system boiler.
So if a gsr engineer done a tt on the commercial meter would they be classed as responsible person for whole system including sub meter

yep...

542294_516868871690807_554887584_n.jpg

Done the same in kitchens. Test point and aecv = domestic engineer free to roam! Gas safe will confirm. Although appliance MUST be room sealed to remain an entity that can bee deemed to not I react with local non domestic plant.

I would agree with him, ******** or not :) Its why you have sub meters means you can run several boilers off one feed ie flats, would you call 4 flats off one large meter with their own sub meters one system?

I would agree with lame on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to debate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock