Discuss 40kw Baxi Platinum low operating pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Petefinny

Hi guys ive got a 40kw Baxi Platinum receiving 21mb at the gas valve inlet and when put into calibration mode is getting 14mb working pressure, pipe sizing is 28mb 3 meters from boiler and more than adequate, this is the only appliance on the gas supply so why its so low, any help guys to try and fathem this out, just started fitting these platinums.

As above...did you not check the working pressure at meter?

First thing to check is the working pressure at the meter, could be 15mb so the pipework is sized ok but the governor is faulty.

working pressure at the meter was 16mb, was getting 14 at the boiler inlet, National Grid came and changed the governor still no better, they are digging up the road tomorrow to find out what is at fault, he started blaming the size of the boiler but it is the only gas appliance in the building so its not really that big for the supply, said could be a blockage or kink, checking it out tomorrow.

Service will have been live inserted, their problem, I.e they have feed 20 mm PE pipe up the old steel main, or the branch tee off the main is chocked, he will insert a test tee on the meter ECV effectively getting an upstream reading before the governor, which should be 30-75 Mbar, make sure the boiler is is max attack mode when this is done, as a new service has to be authorised via a supervisor

Yes it was on attack mode when he was there and tested it , he phoned up the supervisor and got the ok to check more into it, he took the governor off at ecv then opened up it up but just put his hand over it ha ha, they no its in adequate and are sorting it out.

Yes it was on attack mode when he was there and tested it , he phoned up the supervisor and got the ok to check more into it, he took the governor off at ecv then opened up it up but just put his hand over it ha ha, they no its in adequate and are sorting it out.
It will be replaced Peter then FOC, make sure you set up the boiler again and test when they have done etc

He had his U-Gauge at the meter and I had mine on the boiler when he was checking it so I could keep an eye on things, will check it all again and commission it once its finished, Thanks for the advice vern

Lucky they are doing anything. I had an issue with low pressure and just got told that they wont act upon it unless it is lower than 15mb at the meter. They seem to make their own regs which contradict the ones we work to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 40kw Baxi Platinum low operating pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi just been to check a family members boiler and I’m getting just over 25mbar working pressure at the meter and 22mbar inlet pressure at the...
Replies
Views
Two connected houses in our 70s condo development, everyone served by one water meter at the road. 833 has 40 lbs of pressure while attached...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock