Currently reading:
4" wide-jaw adjustables. Are there any?

Discuss 4" wide-jaw adjustables. Are there any? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

I really like my Bahco Ergo wide-jaw wrench but I would love a shorter version - about 4", with jaws wide enough to do a 22mm compression nut would be perfect. Anyone got anything like that? Bahco don't go smaller than 6" in that range...

You could all ways take an angle grinder to a 6"

If you did do that, would you then be able to give enough torque on a short handle ?

Seems to me, you then need a longer handle spanner to tighten everything after, when you find it all leaks. Doh, is that efficient ?

You could all ways take an angle grinder to a 6"

If you did do that, would you then be able to give enough torque on a short handle ?

Seems to me, you then need a longer handle spanner to tighten everything after, when you find it all leaks. Doh, is that efficient ?

Not so much about efficiency, but access. I replaced a PRV on a Ariston Microcombi yesterday and one of the nuts is a pain to get to with even a 6" wrench. Not the only boiler with similar situations..

Angle grinder it is then ! or get shot of the Combi, sell them a nice new system boiler, with a Mega flow and make some more profit, a satisfied customer with decent flow !

P.S. If can get more out of them for solar thermal they are usually happy with free hot water !

I shall try and locate mine. Bacho 10" ergo cut with a HACKSAW and the. End filed round. Works a treat when boiler 50mm above worktop.

I have had this problem.
I got a ring spanner and cut the a slot out of the end to suit the pipe diameter.
Its a bit of a pain, but at least with a ring spanner you only have to rotate the nut about 8 degrees to be able to get into another slot.
Time consuming, frustrating, but it works - and can get you out of some trick situations

Oz Plumber

4enaqyba.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 4" wide-jaw adjustables. Are there any? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back