Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss 31 year old career changer in the Plumbing Courses area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisN

ChrisN New Member

I have started the NVQ 2 books, booking some practical training time also. It’s all going really well at the moment, I spoke to a plumber who recommended I work for a larger council first as I’ll build up a good general knowledge of things and be well looked after (not to say a solo trader wouldn’t). It’s just more secure I think he meant. I do eventually want to go out on my own once I’m confident enough in running things for myself.

2. ChrisN

ChrisN New Member

I know what you mean, though without trades people who is going to fix their toilet/boiler/faulty electrical items, or build them their house etc. So let them have their issues, they can just put up with the leaks lol